I don’t know about you, but I feel like 2015 started and ended I barely noticed.
I am so grateful to go into 2016 with a less stressful schedule, more time to dedicate to the things I love (like this blog), and a clear(er) mind.
With that, I have some goals for 2016. I don’t want to go so far as to call them resolutions…because I’ve always resolved to do them…I simply didn’t have the time or energy. These shall be known as goals, because they’re not impossible, and they’re not on a super stringent timeline. The important thing is that they get done THIS YEAR. And I am trying to make more attainable goals, at that.
- Get my Healthy is the New Skinny SD Girl Gang up and running. I am so excited to share time with some of the amazing women in my city and have great adventures with them as we work towards overall wellness!
- I want to be my healthiest. My personal health habits really suffered with last years 90 hour work weeks and lack of sleep…and I need to get back to things that made me feel really good…like juicing, eating breakfast, getting 7-9 hours of sleep, and working out 4-5 days a week.
- I am going to be more diligent with my blogging. I am creating a new, spectacular, fancy-looking media kit, and I am going to pimp myself out to the amazing opportunities in the blogging world to take this thing to the next level.
- I am going to focus more on having adventures versus having things. I am promising myself at least one 1 week vacation a year, and I am going to make the most of my time off and money to take trips around the grand ol’ US of A and see the majesty I was always singing about.
- I am going to find the perfect apartment. One that has a space for a bookshelf for all of my cookbooks, and sunny windows in my bedroom that make me happy and grateful to wake up each day, and space to do yoga on the floor when I feel like it.
- I am going to try at least ten new things this year (more on that in my next post). I want to push myself out into the world with all the time I’ll have on my hands, and find something new to love.
- I am going to journal everyday. I haven’t decided if it’ll be first ting in the morning, or just before bed at night…but throughout my life I was always the girl with a journal. Getting away from that has really had an impact on me…and I not only miss journaling, but I miss how it made me feel. So, I am in search of the perfect journal, and I’ll be back to that, as well!
- I am going to seriously evaluate the relationships I’m in at this point in my life. I’ll be 28 in about 6-7 weeks, and I am feeling like it’s time to change how I view certain people and things in my life…especially now that I can’t blame stress or a lack of time on dealing with it anymore. I know the importance of having people who contribute to your success and mentality around you…and it’s high time I put that back into practice.
I’m not sure how everything will work out, but I am grateful for the ability to be excited about these things again. For awhile, everything was starting to seem so impossible to accomplish. I finally feel like I can actually MAKE THINGS HAPPEN again. That feeling fuels me!
What are some of your goals for 2016? Are you making any? Are you just hoping to make it through another year in general? I want to know! Your comments are always welcome!
‘Til Next Time!