Whew! Is it already Thursday? Quick weekly recap?:
1. Not only do my bangs STILL continue to make me ridiculously happy on a daily basis, but now, my peek-a-boo blonde highlights also make my freakin’ day! Candace, once again, did a fantastic job! I’m enamored!
2. I went to H and M the same day I got my hair done, and bought FIVE dresses, for $35! All of them were $7 on clearance. And they were size 14! According to Candace, H&M runs a size small….which means I am wearing size 12 dresses. Please….no applause! 😉 My favorite thing? One of the dresses makes me look like a big, bi-racial Rachel Berry from Glee. Lol.
3. Alex’s boyfriend came home last Friday, and a) it is SO nice to see my best friend happy, and a little more relieved now that her boyfriend is back. 2) Someone is here to prank her the way she pranks me. Payback is a you-know-what! YESSSS!
4. Speaking of which, did I mention we went to the Haunted Trail in Balboa Park last week and a man with a chainsaw CHASED me all over the place? Not the business! Don’t these people know I’m crazy?!?! Although, I was still cruising on an adrenaline high from finding $20 before we got into the trail, so I was good!
It’s been about 17 weeks since I had my VSG Weight Loss Surgery, and I am down 68 lbs!
I have to say, time flies when you’re changing your life!
I wake up every morning, and forget that I have a completely new life now. It’s habit to go about my morning my routine, and then make my protein shake, or grab a protein bar to start my day. I remember back in the day, when I never even ate breakfast! Now, you can see a noticeable difference in me if I miss it…and yet, I only drink it because I need to! It’s so nice to wake up without being hungry, and to think of ten million other things to do when I’m hungry, besides eating!
My pants are all pretty much worthless these days. I bought scrubs in a smaller size than I would have a few months ago, and HALLELUJAH, the thighs aren’t being suffocated by the bottoms! As a matter of fact, the dang things constantly have to be tightened all day. Also, I used to wear a size 22 in jeans…I just purchased two pairs of size 18’s (on CLEARANCE!) and bought dresses at H and M in a size 14!It’s an awesome feeling. My dimples show more, my face looks thinner, and I just feel BETTER most days.
So, in celebration of the “little things” in the weight loss journey? I give you:
5 Reasons to Love Yourself, No Matter What
1. I don’t care how many times people tell you who or what you remind them of. You are the most UNIQUE, and POWERFUL thing you will ever encounter in your existence. You just have to decide to embrace and utilize that. Don’t settle for less than you want, and never accept less than you deserve just because it’s what you wanted. If you put your mind to something, you will figure out a way to make it real every single time. I can tell you this, because I used to be the most self-destructive person, with unbelievably low self-esteem. There was a time in my life when I didn’t speak, and I walked around looking at the ground. But hey, look at me now. 🙂
2. You know what is amazing about life? There is something, and somebody for everyone. Sometimes, I find myself looking at couples wondering “How did he/she end up with him/her, and I’m ALONE?!?!” But you know what? Patience, I am learning, is key. You don’t have to change who you are, or lower your standards to find or hold onto love. Again: “Forget what you feel, and remember what you deserve.” You know those people who work hard, knowing that in time, they will get the promotion and raise? Same concept. Keep doing what you need to do. Love from someone else will come. But it starts with you.
3. You have the ability to change anything you choose. Every revolution started with 1) an idea and 2) a person brave enough to turn that idea into a plan of attack. I never thought I’d be taking this journey. I had to have the guts to find out all the risks and benefits, and then essentially put my life and health into someone else’s hands to get here. But, I DID it. And now, I am here, sharing the journey with people who care enough to check and see how I am doing. It’s scary, putting your life out there for people to view. You know they may analyze, judge, and criticize. But at the end of the day? I just tell it like it is, and call it how I see it. And I am flattered anyone cares to look at all, regardless!
4. You can create happiness. When people seem down, I’ve learned that a simple hug, piece of candy (BAD Sondra!), note, text, email, or Starbucks run can make all the difference in the world. I do silly little things like putting up “positive thought” posters, because everyone always looks and has no choice but to smile for at least a second….even if it’s just at the fact that I really went to all that trouble. I am a happy person, with a positive outlook. Grumpy people are just an invitation in my eyes! Take that extra step. You’ll be surprised how you make someone’s day! Imagine how different the world could be if we spent a minute talking TO someone, instead of talking ABOUT them. Crazy stuff.
5. Someone loves you. First, I ADORE you. And everyone has family and friends that they consider the biggest part of their hearts. Sometimes, I think if you looked at yourself the way your loved-ones do, you’d walk with your head skyyyyy high! When the people I love compliment me, I’ve learned to say “Thank you!” and take what’s mine. Don’t insult those people by telling them their love and observations are false. They tell you that you are wonderful to remind you, not because they want you to confirm it!
Don’t be afraid to love yourself. You hold more worth than you could ever imagine.
I know I’m getting a little deep here, but still….sometimes, you just gotta go there!
‘Til next time!