I am a ball of HAPPY right about now.
I wish I could articulate these emotions effectively, but no lists could really do it justice. So I’m just going to freestyle, and see where it takes us. Please be patient with me. 🙂
First? A few AMAZING things have happened to me in the last 48 hours.
1. I got a new job! It was sudden, and miraculous! I have been pretty much miserable where I was, hanging on merely because a] a job is necessary to pay bills. and b] you don’t just jump ship when things get bad. Especially not for nothing. I was patiently waiting for a sign, for a move, for an opportunity. I submitted a few resumes, including one at Alex’s new office in Oceanside. I kept getting updates from Alex that they were going to call me in for an interview when things slowed down. I was trying to be patient! Someone quit Friday, Alex called me and told me to get ready for a 2pm interview, and BAM! Took a long lunch only to end up being hired on the spot for a new job. And let me tell you…I kept saying I wasn’t leaving for something adequate? Well….MORE pay, Tuesdays are HALF days! 2 hour lunches, Happy environment, and there are babies at the on-site patient daycare center to play with when you’re bored! Bonus? I work with my BESTIE, and we can go to the gym at lunch! Or shopping….or to get pedicures….whatever!
2. I woke up yesterday, and decided to weigh myself after my shower. Idk why, because I usually weigh on Wednesday. But, low and behold, that scale went RIGHT to 255 lbs. AKA….THE FIFTY POUND MINI GOAL HAS BEEN REACHED! I am very proud, and very excited. I’ve decided to go ahead and get the reward tattoo with my first official San Diego Spine and Rehab paycheck. Two big blessings in two consecutive days. I am ecstatic! Also, I threw caution to the wind and started the SeeSondraSlim page on Facebook. So now, you can go “like” it, and we can be the very best of friends! 😉
3. Ahh. I’m not even sure how to start this one….but a very good friend came to visit me yesterday, and brought one of my Mommies along. I was a bit dismayed to see that the subject of the “….All You’re Ever Gonna Be is MEAN!” blog was also with them. Now, as I said before. Bitter? Not me. Resentful? No longer. Disappointed that I was completely blindsided by this, and somewhat irritated? Definitely. But you know what? I had a moment of “WTF?” (with my head turned in the opposite direction of course, and kept right on going. Gave him a hug, and used my common sense. If these people are going to flaunt what they have in front of me, then I guess that it’s clear: There is no salvaging this friendship. There is no REAL friendship there. I’d like to think a true friend would be honest with me, and tell me she was making this move, when she said she was coming to visit. It’s common decency. Consider the other person’s comfort and feelings. Whether I should have feelings towards it or not is irrelevant. The fact is, it bothers me….yet, she didn’t really care. No harm, no foul. I’m a grown woman….but more importantly? I’m a lady. My mom and aunt would have been very proud of the way I handled myself. Part of me wanted to act a fool…but I just didn’t really have it in me. There is far too much joy in my corner right now. Don’t get me wrong. I still love her, and am forever grateful to her for being there when I needed someone. But I think I just have to accept that unfortunately, time and distance make things different. Didn’t work out in my favor, but if she’s happy there doing what she does, and I am happy here without him? So be it.
4. As far as his mother coming, that was awesome! I had missed her so much, and it was so nice to spend time at the mall with her, doing what we do best: SHOPPING! She is so motivating. And she truly seems happy for me, and proud of all I have done. And when I speak of things I plan to do? She simply said “You always do everything you set your mind to.” That was just the little extra encouragement I needed. Regardless of any disgruntled feelings I have for the other two, and their quite frankly, DISRESPECT….I am just really glad she was there, and that we got to catch up.
5. Alex is seriously the best friend a girl could ask for! You should have seen her face when I realized what was going on! Her mouth hung open, and I had to say “Fix your face!” as they entered! PURE COMEDY! And then later….”Sondra. You’re WAY too good for him. Look at what you thought you wanted to end up with!” Heeyyy…what can I say? I was young! Lol. Not to mention the fact that she was a total trooper hanging out with people she didn’t know. If she hadn’t been there, I don’t know that I could have been so composed! And she made sure her boss gave me a shot as soon as the opportunity arose? There really are just not a lot of sincerely amazing people like that anymore. And I am beyond grateful that one of them is my best friend.
Life is good….even when little things mess you up. Anyone who has known me for awhile will tell you that I have always been a fighter. But sometimes, it’s really nice to have people who fight with you. I still have a long way to go in terms of all the things I have set out to do. But I just can’t ignore the fact that it all seems so much closer within reach now that the new job and the first mini-goal are out of the way.
Never let them tell you that you can’t make it. Never let your mistakes dictate your potential, or the way people treat you. And you know what else? Unless you’re at the gym, never let them see you sweat. A struggle is a very personal thing. People who know and understand you will know the difference….but everyone else can mind their own business and watch you rise to the occasion!
‘Til Next Time!